Saturday, April 21, 2012

3 days...

Haven't been able to write much.  I'm feeling like there's always something I need to be doing that hasn't been done yet.  I can't sit and write in the blog when I'm feeling like something else needs to be done... But since it's about 5:45am this rainy, wet, Saturday morning and all I can do right now is eat popsicles, I guess I can take a few minutes to write. 

I have so much to be thankful for as I sit here having just read through everyone's updates on facebook and see so many people going through some very tough times.  I am so thankful for my little family, soon to expand.  Lowell has been so loving and protective of me that it makes me want to cry.  Samuel has been too and been so willing to help in every way.  Lowell did the dishes, Samuel vacuumed, pampered me, picked things up for me I could easily have got myself.  Many times, it's the little things that make a big difference.  I praise the Lord for my wonderful family. 

We are gearing up for an exciting week ahead.  I have to say, this week has dragged and gone by so slowly.  There've been so many friends willing to come over and help me with doing things, but I've been telling them, I'm fine.  Up until recently.  The last 2 people who asked, I took them up on their offer.  Kim came last week, and Beth Stillwell and her daughter Kathy came this week.  I think they must have been as shocked as I was that I said yes to their offer of help.  Beth did my dishes on Monday and came back Tuesday with Kathy and they swept and mopped my kitchen and bathroom floors, and dusted and vacuumed the dining room and living room, while I was babysitting Elise.  Thanks for friends that take charge and made me lay down with my feet up with Elise while she napped.  I heard Beth doing dishes while I heard myself snoring on the couch.  Such a weird feeling.  I love the family of God.  Why anyone would fight through life on their own without the support of godly friends to walk along with them, is beyond me.  I don't think I'd have survived many things in my life without the support and prayers of my church family over the years.  I love going to church every time the doors are open to be refreshed, loved, built-up and encouraged by the family of God.  Sunday mornings are busy and I don't always get to fellowship much, but watch out on Sunday nights, Wed. nights, Seedline, and any other activities during the week.  That's when bonds of friendships are built and made so strong!  For those who just go to church on Sunday mornings, I just have to say, you don't know what you're missing... at least at my church.  I guess I say all this just because I am so grateful for the love and support from my church family.  There's nothing quite like it, and they've played such a huge part in this whole pregnancy with their love and care of me and my family.  Love you all!

This was our last week obviously to babysit Elise.  I have to say yesterday was sweet.  She's teething something fierce and was all out of sorts, but when she fell asleep in my arms on the couch, she was so sweet just laying there.  Then she rolled over across my belly on top of little miss Cayla Joy.  It was cute.  Samuel took a couple of pictures for me, with me snoring in between.  I guess I could've smiled more, but anyways... we were both exhausted.  :o)  So sweet!  Going to miss her, but am looking forward to bringing my own little one home soon! 

Well, I had my last OB appointment on Thursday with Dr. Rajabi.  Glad he's back safe and sound in town.  The others were nice, but he has a calming confidence about him, that makes me glad he's my doctor.  My mother-in-law came over early on Thursday and we went to Target in Mentor on the way to the appt.  I didn't have a diaper bag yet and I wanted a simple monitor so I won't have to hover over her while she sleeps.  I have a feeling I'm going to be a little eccentric with her and her breathing.  Since she only has one side of her heart, the oxygenated and unoxygenated blood will all mix and lower her oxygen level in her blood overall.  She won't have blue and red blood, she'll get purple blood.  Much prettier.  ;o)   Doctor Lorber said that it will just make her a little paler looking overall until they do the 2nd surgery between 3-6 months to help separate the two.  So, back to shopping... I love the diaper bag we found.  I love flowers, but this is something the boys will have to carry around too.  So I was good. Found this beautiful black bag with bright green highlights and insides.  I think it's beautiful and am so pleased with it!  We took a little longer there than we should have and  were a little late by the time we got to the doctor's office. 

They did another non stress test which Cayla "technically" didn't quite pass since they needed one more big movement from her, but it was no use to keep trying.  I drank some cold water and she got the hiccups!  It was kind of funny watching a spot on my belly jump every couple of seconds.  Dr. Rajabi passed her anyways and said she did fine.  She earned all her points on the ultrasound test again.  Her head is still down in position and facing back, so still no pictures of her face could be taken.  She did give us a picture of all the fuzz and hair on her head, but I haven't scanned it. Oh well. 

Dr. Rajabi came in and we went over my blood sugar levels again and set up a plan for Monday night.  He said he would still operate with higher blood sugar, just not with low.  So, that took some pressure off.  That just means I can pig-out on pop corn and yogurt the night before... Woo hoo.  :o)  He also reminded me that this is a teaching hospital and he will be given a resident to assist during the operation.  Depending on whether they're a 1st, 2nd or 3rd year, will determine how much they do, but he will be right there watching them.  I said that's fine, I trust him.  When Samuel was born in Fairfax hospital, there were 9 people I believe around the table. Two doctors, two nurses and the rest residents and students.  Oh well.  He also said that Dr. --- his name translated into English means 'eagle', but couldn't tell you what it was... is the head doctor over the P-ICU, will be there at the birth to be the one that takes control of Cayla's journey after birth.  He will be in charge of who gets to see her first and run their tests and so on.  Dr. Lorber's dept. will get her first to do the ecocardiogram directly on her heart.  And then after that, who knows.  Within the first 24 hours, all 12 doctors in the congenital heart dept. will have looked at and analyzed and discussed their thoughts on Cayla's heart and what needs to be done.  Dr. Lorber will take everyone's input and go to Dr. Stewart with their consensus on what needs to be done to her heart.  And then they'll go from there.  Have no idea how it will all come out in the wash, but there is still a chance that the aorta is not functional and she will need the first Norwood surgery.  We are trying to prepare for everything.  He also asked if we had insurance and was glad to hear we did.  I told him our bill from Cleveland Clinic for Feb and March was $12,000.  He said, oh, it could easily get to half a million before we're done.  He said we're going to give you the best care whether you can pay or not.  It will be covered and assistance will be given if needed. Wow. So, overall, had a good talk with Dr. Rajabi and can't wait for Tuesday morning to get here.

I need to go run errands this morning with Lowell while Samuel and Gary sleep in... I will close for now, but will update the blog as much as possible as we go through these next couple of weeks.  Thanks so very much for all the prayers for us and for our precious Cayla Joy.  Love these tested and true verses!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6

No comments:

Post a Comment