Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This past week

My Tuesday started at 5:30am going to a meeting with the Concerts of Prayer Board at 7am at Steak and Shake. It was a good meeting.  These early meetings are seeming earlier and earlier and the time change doesn't help this week!  Samuel came and picked me up after taking Lowell to work.  He ordered some breakfast and then we headed to his OGT testing today in math.  There were men working upstairs right above them while they were testing... plus they were keeping me awake while I was trying to sleep in the lobby... :o)  Just a slight distraction for him.  Today was Samuel's 2nd day of OGT's.  Going fairly well.  I guess part of homeschooling him is not always giving him time limits on tests, so there's maybe some extra pressure with that.  We'll see. Three more days of Writing, Science and Social Studies.  Is Ohio alone in this endeavor to torture, I mean, evaluate if the students are ready to graduate?  I think this came about a few years ago with the No Child Left Behind program.  Not sure, but the instructor said they attempt to make them slightly harder every year.  Don't particularly understand that strategy, but who am I but a complaining parent right now.  :o)  I do think it's great that you can't get your diploma without knowing the basic subjects.  I know there are high school students that can't read or write well, so I shouldn't complain.  From the writing skills I see on facebook, I think there's a huge gap in basic grammar and spelling.  I know there's shortcuts and all, but I truly think some people think that's how words are really spelled... OK, I will get off my little soap box of a rabbit trail... moving on. :o)

On a completely different note, I had quite the amazing moment last night at our grocery store, Giant Eagle.  We were walking through the produce and I heard someone say, "Are you Linda?"  I looked at someone I didn't know and said yes.  She said she recognized me from a friend's page on facebook and my blog they'd shared.  She wanted me to know they were praying for us and was encouraged with how God's working in Cayla's little life!  Isn't that just sweet?!  I told her about my appointment yesterday and  talked to her a little while.  I went to find Lowell and Samuel and couldn't keep a smile off my face.  I feel so blessed by the family of God.  We are a family even if we don't know each other personally.  I found so much comfort in that short encounter last night.  God is amazing how He orchestrates our lives.  :o)  And, Ellen Kolman, it was a friend of yours that read the blog you reposted on facebook.  Oh my, I can't remember her name now... I can blame that on the pregnancy, right?  I'm sorry.  It's on the tip of my tongue... Loretta maybe...

Well, we also broke down last Saturday and registered at Babys R Us just because it's a nation-wide chain accessible to anyone.  They are expensive and you could really spend a small fortune in that store.  Once you get going, it's hard to stop.  I don't really care about the particular products we clicked on, it's more just to let people that have been asking, what we need.  Just for the record, Cayla loves flowers.  Trust me on this one, I know this little girl...She loves anything with flowers.  ;o)  It's some bigger and smaller stuff.  But it looks like diapers will be our biggest need.  Anyways, we did this for those that are asking.  I have to say it was a ton of fun going through every aisle seeing what all is new out there.  Seventeen years was a long time ago.  Much has changed.  Cute stuff, but I don't care about name brand anything.  Lowell, Samuel and I went with his mom, sister, nephew and niece.  They played a discreet game of tag in the store while we looked at everything.  I'm so glad they were all there because I don't know what's what or what I need and so many times they all just stepped in and decided for me.  Yay!  It was fun.  My sister-in-law, Cathie, even bought us a baby bouncy seat with music and vibration, very cool and a really cute little outfit and blanket!  Didn't have to Cathie, but that was really sweet!  It was just fun doing that together.  Then we stopped at the Hometown Buffet, and I thought since I'm already paying for it, I'm going to load up on meats and protein. I had my salad with cheese, egg, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms and more and then got my money's worth on meat. I had steak, chicken, tilapia and roast beef. No carb other than I did end up having a little chocolate soft ice cream too. My blood sugar 2 hours later was 111. :o) Nice, I'll take it.

Well, I said in an earlier post that God had provided so many basic necessities for us.  Well, it's not ended.  I said I had most of the bigger items except a stroller.  Well, Erin, little Elise's mom, told me she had a stroller that is like a frame on the bottom that holds a baby car seat.  How perfect is that?  She said we could use it for as long as we need it. :o)  Love that! Thanks Erin.  Also, I have to say that God has blessed us from an unlikely source.  A co-worker of my mother-in-law offered 6 big bags of her girls clothes for us to have.  I really don't even know her.  Like I said, what a blessing from an unexpected source.  Don't know what I'll do with more clothes, but we'll use what we can and pass them on afterwards.  I don't imagine God giving us more children at this stage in our lives, but I didn't imagine Cayla either. :o)

Now, it's Wednesday morning the 14th of March.  I woke up way too early and couldn't go back to sleep in my bed.  Around 5am I gave up trying, came downstairs, sat on the couch and was out in 5 minutes.  That's the way to get some sleep. But then I couldn't wake myself up. Oh well, it felt good.  Samuel drove Lowell to work and then went to his Writing OGT this morning which gave me some time home by myself.  I was already weepy this morning since I found the letter for jury duty still sitting in a pile of papers on the buffet.  I filled it out, but never put it in the mail.  I started panicking this morning when I saw it and wondered how much trouble I'm going to be in since it didn't get mailed in time. I do believe that started the tears... and Lowell was busy getting ready and making sure Samuel was ready and all.  All I wanted was someone to tell me everything was going to be ok, but no one even noticed me which set me off into more tears.  Then Lowell noticed I was crying, but wasn't sure why, since I couldn't tell him and didn't know what to do with me.  He had to leave for work and hated leaving me crying.  I actually haven't been crying much recently, so I threw him off.  Later this morning, our pastor's wife stopped by to check on me.  I had to ask her if Lowell called her and she said he had and was worried about me.  That was very sweet, and it was good to talk to her even though I've talked to her a lot this week.  :o)  Once everyone was gone, I forced myself to start a load of laundry and do one load of dishes.  Oh, to have a dishwasher... I do miss having one, but am thankful I have dishes to eat on... doesn't that sound noble of me? ;o) 

Anyways, my blood sugar was down to 67 two hours after breakfast, I'm still tired and losing my motivation quickly.  A nap is looming in front of me... I know it's a gorgeous day outside, but it's still a little chilly with the breeze, and I'm freezing inside the house.  Which reminds me, isn't this sweet, little bundle of joy inside me supposed to be making me warm or even hot?  I know it was summer time with Samuel and I could never cool down, but I cannot stay warm even with this cute little bun in the oven this whole, warm winter.  I can't figure that one out.

Well, it's time to go do another load of laundry and dishes, nap and take my shower.  Sounds good to me!

"I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me,
therefore will I call upon him as long as I live."
Psalm 116:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment